Vandalism is damage caused to someone else’s property simple for the sake of causing damage. Malicious mischief is similar to vandalism; however, the damage may not have been intentional. Most insurance policies cover both vandalism and malicious mischief. Typically, vandalism and malicious mischief are covered under a policy if the property has not been unoccupied for over sixty days. Vandalism can involve graffiti, thrown objects, breaking and entering, shootings, etc. The building, building premises, and personal property can be impacted during a vandalism claim. It is critical to call the police department right away to file a police report. Following this, call us so that we can dispatch a local restoration company for all clean up and temporary board ups that will be necessary. From there, a public adjuster is needed to assess the damages and begin the insurance claim process.

vandalism damage in rhode island

Here’s How We Handle the Process

  • 1.) Insurance Policy Review
    First, our team performs a thorough analysis of your insurance policy to determine how we can help you financially recover as quickly (and economically) as possible.
  • 2.) On-Site Analysis
    Using our advanced technology and techniques, we visit the site to prepare a detailed estimate of the reparation costs and physical losses.
  • 3.)Photographic Inventory
    While on site, we document everything to prove to the insurance companies that our estimates are fair and accurate.
  • 4.) Communication
    We handle all of the communication with the insurance company. Seriously. You won’t get a phone call, text, or email (Unless we need to reach you).
  • 5.) Temporary Housing
    If you need a place to stay, we will find one. In the event that your home is deemed “unsafe to inhabit”, we’ll connect you with a cozy temporary home.
  • 6.) We Keep Fighting.
    Insurance companies can get pesky, but we won’t back down. We will fight for every aspect of your claim, including dwelling (the physical structure of your home), other structures on your property (fences, sheds, garages), damaged contents, and loss of use (additional living expenses, business interruption, etc.)
You can reach us any day, any time. Request a free consultation, and we’ll get right to it.
Request a Free & Simple Consultation