It may have just been Labor Day, but the summer isn’t over! You cannot forget about the 34th Annual Greek Festival in Cranston, RI! Coined the Official End of Summer in Rhode Island, this is not an event to miss out on!
Rain or shine, this 3-day event will be held on Friday, September 6th until Sunday, September 8th under tents at the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation on the parish grounds at 175 Oaklawn Avenue, Route 5, Cranston, RI.
The Official Facebook Page of the Cranston RI Greek Festival goes into detail about the amazing foods you can enjoy this weekend!
- “The Best Gyros in Rhode Island”
- Roast lamb
- Greek-style chicken
- Souvlaki (skewered pork)
- Pastitsio (a truly delectable “Greek Lasagna”)
- Spanakopita (spinach pie)
- Tiropita (cheese pie)
- Karidopita (Greek Walnut Cake)
- Kourabiedes (Wedding Cookies)
- Koulourakia (Greek Butter Cookies)
- Diples (Crispy Fried Dough)
- Melomakarona (Honey Cookies)
- Loukoumades the delicious Greek version of fried dough is served with honey and cinnamon
- Authentic Greek coffee or a “Greek Frappe” (iced coffee)
Some other incredible things to experience during the festival include:
- The Annunciation Parish’s own Odyssey Dance Troupe performances
- Live Greek Music
- Greek Dancing
- A raffle for a $5,000 travel voucher for a cruise or airfare/hotel to anywhere in the world
- Bouncy House
- Face Painting
- Jewelry, Souvenirs, and Clothing from Greece
This event has free admission, free parking, and free shuttle buses to and from the Cranston West High School parking lot! More information can be found on their Facebook Page here!
Looking for the best public adjuster in Cranston, RI? Click here to learn more about Performance Adjusting!